Friday 31 December 2010

Making some calls

Well I've had an interesting time getting some calls made and I even made it out for a walk with Charlie today too. Sadly though, we'd only done a mile when he slipped on some ice, hurt his arm and decided he wanted to go home. He's fine now I might add - but I think I might have to wait until school is back in before I get on with some serious walking!

I phoned the events section of SHELTER and spoke with a lovely lady. She was very helpful and was delighted with what I'm planning to do in September.
She also explained that all the money raised during my walk will be used by SHELTER (Scotland).

I've been touch by email and text to 2 friends. One is going to take photos en route over the 10 days, the other friend is going to be my, "go ahead in the car and get some food organised" buddy!

I will go over the exact details of the route itself in a future blog - but basically I will leave from Camperdown Park Dundee, on Thursday 1st September arriving in Thurso on Saturday 10th September.

I will walk mostly on roads, but I will need to use some cycle routes to avoid scary bits of the A9 - which will probably add more miles to my walk. Following the roads the mileage each day varies from 21 miles to 30 miles. I might need to do some juggling with the way each stop is spaced out to bring the daily amounts to a more equal 25 miles each day.

I'll keep you posted on how I go with that little puzzler!

Once I've done that I'll be calling hotels and B&B's to get some accommodation sorted, using my best pleading technique for a reduced fee.

My first stop from Camperdown Park will be Bridge of Cally - so the hotel there will be getting a call for a bed for the night of 1st September. If any of you know the owners/manager there put in a good word for me please!

Happy Hogmany & here's to a fantastic 2011 to you all!
Love,
Kathleen x

"People who are homeless are not social inadequates. They are people without homes." - Sheila McKechnie

No comments:

Post a Comment