Saturday 1 January 2011

Spreading the word


A busy but satisfying day writing letters and emails to celebrity supporters of SHELTER letting them know about the walk and asking if they can help raise the profile of the event so more money can be raised to help the homeless.

I'm also thinking that on Saturday 17th September, the Saturday after the event, there should be a ceilidh to celebrate. Obviously this will also be a time to have a SHELTER collection bucket at the door too. May as well use the party as a way of getting rid of that loose change and those random notes that might be causing you to run out of room in your wallet for receipts and your Blockbuster card.

I've not told my Dad yet about my plan - sometimes it's just best to choose your moment carefully. His "job" will be taking my son Charlie to and from school while I'm walking for 10 days, oh and remembering to feed him would be a bonus! He manages well when work takes me away, and I only get a call when he can't work out how to work the cooker, which for some reason seems to lock whenever he's using it! I've never managed to lock my hob, but he has a knack for it.

I've got more emails to do, and more letters to write but for now I'm going off to watch my new Harry Hill DVD I got from my daughter Emily. Time for Charlie and I to laugh our self silly on the 1st January - a great way to start a New Year!

Before I go I just want to say thank you to you all for your emails, texts and phone messages wishing me well with this fund raiser.

Wishing you all a healthy, prosperous and fun 2011!

Love, Kathleen x


"To be shelterless and alone in the open country, hearing the wind moan and watching for day through the whole long weary night; to listen to the falling rain, and crouch for warmth beneath the lee of some old barn or rick, or in the hollow of a tree; are dismal things - but not so dismal as the wandering up and down where shelter is, and beds and sleepers are by thousands; a houseless rejected creature." - Charles Dickens

No comments:

Post a Comment