Sunday 13 February 2011

Building it up


The rain is pouring down today - it's really horrible out there BUT the good news is that 3 days ago I managed to complete 10.9miles on my bike!

I hadn't actually intended to do that much as I'd only done 4 - 6 miles before. However, the sun was shining and I set out for a wee jaunt.

It was such a lovely day I carried on heading out towards Guthrie instead of turning back into my village. I crept up on some beautiful wildlife, a hare, 2 deer a buzzard just watched me from the field and a wren which flew a little bit ahead of me for a while.

I free wheeled down to Pitmuies Gardens only to discover the road that would have taken me round in a circle was closed for maintenance. That hill I'd free-wheeled down was now going to be a part of the route I went from loving to hating!

Anyway, I got up that hill and had just free wheeled down a smaller hill and was building up some steam to get up the next long climb when a white van went past me then stopped a few yards ahead of me...I pedalled, and puffed and puffed and pedalled and got just about level to it when a guy lent out and said, "Excuse me - we're a bit lost can you give us directions?!" I said, "Are you seriously going to stop me when I'm trying to get up a hill??!" He smiled and said, "Yes..it'll do you some good!" Anyway, I gave them some directions...though I'm not sure how accurate they were.

So next week I'll get up over the 10 mile mark again, and maybe fit in a couple of 4 or 5 mile cycles too.

Tomorrow night is the first of 3 bike maintenance classes I'm going to...this could be interesting!
Hope you're all having a lovely weekend,

Kathleen x
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream." - C.S Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment