Thursday 24 February 2011

Recycled Cycles..


Well on Monday I was back at my 2nd of 3 cycle maintenance classes and Sam, the guy who helps me work out technical things like..how to use a spanner...told me about this place in Dundee


http://www.claverhouse.co.uk/cyclestop.html they have LOADS of bicycles and there's a guy there called Dave who is going to help me find something that is lighter than mine and more able to not kill me on this trip! A hybrid is the thing I'm being told will be the best option for me - so I'll keep you posted on how that goes!
I went to the wrong place first of all (that's sat nav for you...yes, yes, I know a bad workman blames his tools) and had to reverse a LONG way down a muddy track to get myself out of a dead end road that had a pair BIG barking, scary, teeth snarling dogs asking me to kindly get out of their patch, which I did of course :)


I did my furthest distance to date on Sunday, fanfare please! I went 12.2miles from Coupar Angus, to Keillor to Newtyle, to somewhere between Newtyle and Meigle, to Ardler and back to Coupar Angus!


I was VERY chuffed with myself as I did it in one hour fifteen minutes - not bad for a beginner!


The annoying thing was though that 4 hours later my resting heart rate was still 90 bpm....hmm, my resting heart rate is usually in the 60's.


I've got a weird auto-immune thing which has affected my thyroid gland so tomorrow I'm having a wee chat with my GP on the phone about checking that out as I think I might need my thyroxine adjusted again. I don't want to have it reduced so that everything becomes a huge effort, but if they adjust it too far the other way I'll get from Dundee to Thurso in a couple of hours!! Hmmm...now there's an idea!


"When you do nothing, you feel overwhelmed and powerless. But when you get involved, you feel the sense of hope and accomplishment that comes from knowing you are working to make things better." - Pauline R. Kezer



No comments:

Post a Comment