Saturday 19 March 2011

Birthday!


Well I'm 43years old today! Feeling good and having a lovely day so far - no cycling done at this point as my new bike hasn't arrived yet..though it's on it's way!

I was working in Moray this week and it was beautiful weather - I'd really wished I'd taken my old bike up with me and had a cycle on some flat, coastal routes! Cycle route 1 to Forres is a route I'll be using in September so it think when I'm up working there again in May I'll take my bike and go a few miles on that to suss it out.

When I got back last night Andrew handed me an envelope from one of his friends..in it was a cheque for £250 for the sponsored cycle for SHELTER...how lovely is that?! I've also had 3 lots of £20. One from one of my Letham friends and 2 from Andrew's friends...every penny donated is greatly appreciated!

I'm also delighted to report that 2 friends from Wilthshire are going to join me on day 2, 3 & 4 of the event. Tina and I worked together in the medical ward of Dr Gray's hospital, Elgin in the '80's. Caroline and Tina work together teaching Hypnobirthing to Mum's in Wiltshire. I wonder if they can teach me some relaxation techniques to take my focus of attention away from my sore muscles and bum during the trip?

Some (I'm not sure how many!) Firefighters from Perth are joining me on day 7 & day 8...so if somethings going to go wrong with my bike it would be handy if it could happen while there are some burly men to sort it out for me..is burly a real word?!

Remember to anyone who has made, or is going to make a donation you are welcome to join me on any part of the route.

Right I'm off to get out while the sun shines!

Kathleen x



"I'd much rather be a woman than a man. Women can cry, they can wear cute clothes, and they are first to be rescued off of sinking ships." - Gilda Radner.

1 comment:

  1. Happity hoppity birthday Kathers...hope you had a lovely day :)
    I have eaten my weight in cake over the weekend and Skye has been hyped up to the moon and back..but lovely all the same :)xx

    ReplyDelete