Wednesday 9 March 2011

New bike!

Well it's been a while since I've been on here, but I've been very busy
honestly!

I have now managed to book accommodation for the majority of the 10 day trip, with just 2 places left to get back to me - do B&B folk take holidays?! I have emailed them both so hopefully they'll get back to me soon.
Also the 3 night bike maintenance class came to an end and I felt strangely sad about that - I really enjoyed it.
Now, to the photo of the bike above! Andrew has very kindly offered to get me this hybrid bike for my birthday (19th March for anyone wishing to send gifts!) I cannot wait to get on it and clock up some miles!
At 8.45am today I was at my Dr's getting a clean bill of health...so now there's no excuse to hold back on building up my fitness. There was a thought that one of my auto-immune diseases had gone wonky, but my blood work shows all is well, so understandably I'm delighted with that news.
Two friends from Wiltshire have confirmed that they'll be joining me for day 2 - day 4, then when they go I've got some firemen joining me for 2 days on day 7 & day 8. There's still plenty time for others to join me for a day (s) part of a day or whatever you can manage. All I ask is that you make a donation big or small by clicking on the "virginmoneygiving" link to the right hand side of this blog. SHELTER is such a worthwhile cause!
Well now I'm off to London & Hove - to work and to see my 2 daughters - more when I'm home again! It's Emily's birthday on Friday..and mine next week..great planning on my part I'd say :)

Kathleen x

"Like many women my age, I'm 28 years old." - Mary Schmich


1 comment:

  1. Woo hoo the accomodation is booked! Hope they have baths for tired bodies!! xx

    ReplyDelete