Wednesday 5 January 2011

Extending a charitable arm across the pond.


I spent a few hours last night wondering about the best way to maximise the benefits of this challenge I've set myself, and I got thinking about my friends and family in Canada.

There is an organisation called " Raising the Roof" (http://www.raisingtheroof.org/) in Canada which is equivalent to the UK's SHELTER charity. My thought was that I could contact them and tell them what I'm up to in September, and ask if they have a similar donations page I could set up for my Canadian connections.

This way 2 homelessness charities will benefit and donations received by my Canadian friends & family will be used in Canada.

So that email has been written this morning and I await a reply from them.

The snow has come again this afternoon, but I'm glad to report that today was the first day of the schools going back, so this morning (pre-snow) I went out for a walk with Andrew and walked a brisk 3 miles in just under an hour....now if I can keep that up for 8-10 hours a day this will be a doddle!!

Tomorrow is the day the personal trainer I've made contact with is back from visiting his family in the U.S - I'm excited about meeting up with him, but also a tiny little bit nervous... I think my training schedule will be quite intensive.

I'll keep you posted!

Love, Kathleen x
"Charity begins at home, but should not end there." - Thomas Fuller, M.D


No comments:

Post a Comment