Sunday 30 January 2011

The route & how to join in!


What a busy time it's been! I cycled 3 times last week and had my fitness assessment with Lee in Dundee, it came close to being the most depressing experience of my life! Basically, the assessment proved something that was not completely a surprise - I'm NOT fit!

So now the training must begin in earnest - and the fact that on my last cycle I managed to clock up a massive 4 miles in 30minutes was on one hand uplifting, on the other a bit of a wake up call to how much I have to do, bearing in mind I'll be cycling between 33 - 50 miles a day in September! Yikes..I can feel my thighs hurting at the very thought!

Okay, here's the other part of the story...I am going to give you the day by day route plan. Should you wish to join me for some of one of the days, a whole day, or more than a day all I ask is that you make a donation to my virginmoney fund raising page on the right hand side of this blog page. If you're in Australia, you can make a donation to the Swags for the homeless donation link above the SHELTER donation link. You can email me at info@kathleenhaden.com should you wish to discuss joining me!


Okay, here it is!


Thursday 1st Sept: Broughty Ferry Castle - Montrose (35 miles)

Friday 2nd Sept: Montrose - Peterculter (39 miles)

Saturday 3rd Sept: Peterculter - Tarves (33 miles)

Sunday 4th Sept: Tarves - Banff (40 miles)

Monday 5th Sept: Banff - Forres (50miles)

Tuesday 6th Sept: Forres - Inverness (36miles)

Wednesday 7th Sept: Inverness - Tain (38miles)

Thursday 8th Sept: Tain - Altnaharra (47 miles)

Friday 9th Sept: Altnaharra - Portskerra (42 miles)

Saturday 10th Sept: Portskerra - Thurso (17miles)


Thanks to Clare and Graeme in Kirriemuir for helping me with this - this is the safest route, and keeps me away from the A9 as much as possible. I couldn't have made this plan without them!
"A journey is a person in itself; no two are alike. And all plans, safeguards, policing, and coercion are fruitless. We find that after years of struggle that we do not take a trip; a trip takes us." - John Steinbeck


2 comments:

  1. Holy macaroni! Your thighs are REALLLLY going to be hurting! Does it make it all seem a bit more real having the route all planned out like that!Yikes!! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it does...now I have to get on with it..no slacking! :) x

    ReplyDelete